Kanban Simple Workflow: reopened issues don't appear on board

I have a Kanban board using the Simple Workflow. When a previously closed issue is reopened, it's not visible on the board. I realize this is because the board has a Work Sub-Filter: "fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY".

How can I clear the fixVersion?

thanks.

2 answers

1 vote

Hi Clinton,

sorry for the misunderstanding. In order to do that install "JIRA Suite Utilities" plugin that provides Clear Field Value post function.

Add this post function to your own workflow (on reopen transition) and it should work.

More information about this post function are available here

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions

Hope this helps,

Fabio

I am trying to do exactly the same thing as Clinton.

1. I have simple workflow
  2. I want the reopen action to clear fixversion, so that the issue is back at Kanban Board

I assume step 2. cannot be done with using Simple workflow. Since the answer guides to modify the workflow.

Best Regards,

Tom 

0 vote

Hi Clinton,

Reopen transition should already purge Resolution. In order to verify it please check that "Reopen" transition has a post function "The resolution of the issue will be cleared". If it doesn't exist please add it and publish your workflow.

Regards,

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

It's not "Resolution" that's the problem here. It's that "fixVersion" needs to be cleared.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

13,173 views 15 13
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you