Kanban Done column questions

Mark Kelly September 7, 2015

Our setup:

Our JIRA instance is hosted on Atlassian Cloud, using Greehopper Kanban boards. One of our Kanban boards monitors two JIRA Projects using the following filter:

project = "Source Docs" OR (project = RM AND status = "Ready To Document") ORDER BY Rank ASC

When we 'Release' a version, we are no longer seeing the issue's in our 'Done' column being cleared. Is it a requirement for the filter to include the following query: "fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY" or can/does the board keep track of the issues in the 'Done' column in a different manner?

6 answers

0 votes
Mark Kelly September 9, 2015

Not sure where can I find the 'working sub filter'? This is what I see when configuring my kanban board.

config.png

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

Kanban board sub-filter it is. From the screenshot it is clear, your issue is sub-filter is empty. Just add this filter to suib-filter - fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

Mark,

you can check *Working Sub-filter* of your kanban board by default it should be *fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY*. Check if this Work Sub-filter is pulling some issues for example if we modify this to *fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY AND Status = Closed*
For more info you can refer - https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=779159041

Taha

0 votes
Mark Kelly September 8, 2015

Sorry if I was unclear, we are hoping for that expected behavior, where upon releasing the version all the issues in the done column should disappear.

However, I was wondering if we had configured it wrong because they are not disappearing for us.

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2015

The way the done column works is that it will display you all the completed (closed/resolved or whatever you have mapped) until you release the version.

Moment you release the version, all the issues will disappear from the rightmost column or done column.

If you want to keep displaying the issues even after the release of a version, i propose you add another column to the right of the Done and that should resolve your problem.

Pilar

0 votes
Mark Kelly September 7, 2015

I haven't checked all of the issues, but the ones I checked were set to Closed & DoneStatus.PNG

And the columns are configured like this:

Column settings.PNG

The fix version '3.8.15beta' is released but that issue is still showing showing in the done column.

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2015

Hi Mark,

Make sure Resolution is set when issue your issue is closed or resolved. Also make sure that Closed/Resolved status is correctly mapped to Done column of Agile Board.

Mainly I think problem is due to resolution is not set for those issues which are showing in Done column.

Taha

Suggest an answer