Kanban Board in Buisness Project?

Jordan Larson July 13, 2021

Can you configure your board in a business project to be a Kanban board? I like the conditional formatting of the workflow categories that the Kanban board provides.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

You can’t change the default business board however you can create an additional kanban board that will have the configuration options. You might find this article I wrote a while back useful - Multiple-boards-in-Business-and-Team-Managed-Projects-You-bet! 

Jordan Larson July 13, 2021

Jack,

Thank you for the suggestion, I am afraid we might confuse users however having two projects. Especially if people are in the TMP project viewing the Kanban board and decide to try to make a new issue while in that project.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2021

Creating another board in a project does not create another project. This new board you create could be the go to board for your team. Yes there will be the remnants of the old board there but that is simply a training issue. Regardless even if a user goes to the old board it’s not going to mess anything up. In fact if a user goes to the old board and drags an issue from one status to another the same progression will happen on the new board. Please let me know if this makes sense or not.

boards are simply visual representations of issues in a project.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events