Kanban Backlog split

eren July 4, 2019

Hi i'd like to be able to split my KANBAN backlog into seperate sections (same way you'd do on a scrum backlog). 

This doesn't seem possible - any hacks, plug in etc out there? 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2019

Hello Eren,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

When you ask for an ability to Split your backlog into separate sections like Scrum, I understanding you are meaning the Sprint feature. Is it correct?

It is a fact that only Scrum boards work with Sprints, while kanban user a continuous delivery methodology. Since you have required this functionality, can you please let us know what is your current blockers to use Scrum board instead of Kanban?

Both methodologies are similar, but if you are looking for a way to split your progress into sections, I would recommend you to use a Scrum board.

For more details about Scrum and Kanban differences, you can check the documentation below:

Kanban vs Scrum

Please, provide us with your insights so we can better understand your requirement.

eren March 20, 2020

Yeah I get the difference between KANBAN and SCRUM, thanks master - but I still want to put issues into separate buckets. Why not allow that? It'll help me better manage my backlog. 

Like # people like this
Deleted user December 8, 2020

I totally agree. This functionality is of course possible to mimic by using filters, but it's be awesome to be able to organize the backlog in this fashion. I'm actually surprise this hasn't got more attention by Atlassian. I mean, they spend enormous resources on changing the look and feel of the UI - which just confuses me - but this quite obvious missing feature is kept missing.

Suggest an answer