Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Kanban Backlog split

Hi i'd like to be able to split my KANBAN backlog into seperate sections (same way you'd do on a scrum backlog). 

This doesn't seem possible - any hacks, plug in etc out there? 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Eren,

Welcome to Atlassian community!

When you ask for an ability to Split your backlog into separate sections like Scrum, I understanding you are meaning the Sprint feature. Is it correct?

It is a fact that only Scrum boards work with Sprints, while kanban user a continuous delivery methodology. Since you have required this functionality, can you please let us know what is your current blockers to use Scrum board instead of Kanban?

Both methodologies are similar, but if you are looking for a way to split your progress into sections, I would recommend you to use a Scrum board.

For more details about Scrum and Kanban differences, you can check the documentation below:

Kanban vs Scrum

Please, provide us with your insights so we can better understand your requirement.

Yeah I get the difference between KANBAN and SCRUM, thanks master - but I still want to put issues into separate buckets. Why not allow that? It'll help me better manage my backlog. 

Like Stephan Schmid likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

How to create Jira issus from Excel file?

When to use CSV importer When managing your processes in Jira, there are many occasions where you need to create a lot of tasks. Creating them one by one will cost you a lot of time and effort and i...

4,375 views 22 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you