Just born into the cloud. Roadmaps is like old school MS SharePoint, correct?

NewPhoenix December 19, 2021

Okay Okay........Stop laughing. Seriously this is first day exposure to these cloud based platforms. Honestly...... First day in the hands on of the developer world so I am looking to my peers and hopefully colleagues on future projects, to get me up to speed. I have some killer concepts and Ideas for future development projects that could set some of us in the history books. I ask questions, no matter how simple or frivolous, as to eliminate the mistake factor. My philosophy is this. There is no such thing as a stupid question only the dumb mistake because you didn't ask. I as that all of you bear with me in the beginning because I will ask a lot of F****** questions. By the way......I am the F-bomb king so deal with it. Now......I am assuming that the concept of Advanced Roadmaps is like the Old School MS SharePoint, only lined with more perks and capabilities? Not just shared viewing, but shared manipulating of new applications through shared developer tools and medians? In other words, Any one of us can be working on a project and when done for the day, I could light bulb in the middle of sleep, jump up and add my idea, but John and Jane see it in the AM find a smidge of discrepancy and fix it? Equal access at any given time for my team members? 

2 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

No, Advanced Roadmaps is nothing like Sharepoint.

As an old friend put it years ago, Sharepoint is where documents go to die (meaning unread and unused).  It's a document storage system.  

Advanced Roadmaps is an active and interactive reporting and planning tool that is a layer on top of Jira, which is an issue tracker.

At the very basic level, think of Jira as a (very powerful) to-do list.  Each issue is an item that requires someone to look at it and usually act upon it.  Advanced Roadmaps helps you plan those activities.

NewPhoenix December 20, 2021

Thank you for the information. I am still trying to figure out how or what actions brought me here to begin with. I get this email that says my team is waiting for my response and out of curiosity I open the email. I am somehow brought to a workspace by this entity who calls themselves Christo. I cannot figure out what this web-based form is that I filled out that has been "appraised" and has something to do with why I am here. This whole cloud platform is new to me, and yes, I have expressed interest in this type of thing, however I have not chased it. Strangely it seems to be chasing me. I don't know if you understand what I am talking about. I am just really confused as to what brought me here. Where can or who can I get these answers from?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2021

Hi @NewPhoenix 

Welcome to Community !!. You can ask any questions you have Atlassian Community is here to help you.

MS Sharepoint is more of document management and sharing platform.

I can say we might relate few things of Advanced Roadmaps to MS Project Plan(MPP).

Advanced Roadmaps link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud

Regards,

Vishwas

NewPhoenix December 20, 2021

Thank you for your insight. Maybe you can give me some more. I am still trying to figure out what brought me here. I get this email saying that "my team is waiting for my response" so I opened the email wanting to see what is going on with it. I am brought here and this entity that calls themselves "Christo" is saying that some web-based form I filled out has been appraised. I am totally new to this cloud platform and am totally lost as to what the source is of my being brought here. How can I find out, who or what it is that has brought me to this forum?