JiraAgile Custom fields - Not translated

Gregory Demotchkine October 9, 2013

Before upgrading to the latest version of JiraAgile, we had only the technical names for JiraAgile custom fields like gh.sprint.customfield.default.name

The upgrade has improved this, but I only see the french version of these fields.

My profile's default language is English and the other fields are correctly displayed in English...

1 answer

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2013

Is your JIRA server's default language French? What version of JIRA and JIRA Agile are you using? You may try installing the Inproduct Translation and see if it helps.

Gregory Demotchkine December 17, 2013

Yes indeed the server is french, but I as an administrator I like working in english especially when doing my queries.

Especially as it's not logical. With my french server all Jira fields standard or custom alike have their Code in english, (it's up to me to translate them to French, but in JQL i use the code)

So either this through a bad install, and successive updates, (as before I did not even have the human friendly names, I had the technical "gh.rank.... ") or this by design (which is kind of scary to localize field codenames by design)

I've installed the product, but I do not see how it would help, my need is to be able to use the simple english codes for JQL

Suggest an answer