Jira tabs moved?

Deborah Cross February 11, 2021

The tabs on our issues have just moved from the narrow right hand bar to be across the top of the left side underneath the issue summary.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is it a planned change?

It's unusual for these things to happen without some form of notification. 

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deborah Cross February 15, 2021

Looks like it is here to stay. 

"What you are experiencing in the new issue view is new intended behaviour. Since 8th of Feb we are moving field tabs from glances (on the right hand side of the new issue view) to the left hand side of the new issue view. This new layout is similar to what users are used to in the old issue view.
We are updating cloud instances in batches so not all the users in the community might be experiencing the same yet but most of them will be by tomorrow."

0 votes
Deborah Cross February 14, 2021

Thanks all, yes it's in the new issue view not the old. I swapped back and forth just to make sure. It didn't go away over the weekend either. 

I've logged a support ticket. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

Good luck! I am definitely seeing more people reporting this problem.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

I actually like it much better where it is now. It is more like the old view and much more visible and easier to get to. It think that was probably the feedback that was given when the new view first rolled out. 

Personally, I don't think it is a bug or problem and hope they leave it as it is now. 

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

@Deborah Cross & @Peter Bruning 

Please click here then submit a support ticket to Atlassian.

It will be appreciated if you can share with us the fix.

Best of luck

Fadoua

0 votes
Peter Bruning February 12, 2021

We are seeing the same thing as @Deborah Cross  the tabs have moved from the right hand side to the left hand side. This is within the new issue view. This happened yesterday.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2021

Hi Deborah - Using the old Jira issue view, that's the only place I have ever seen tabs. However, they show up in the right hand bar in the new Jira issue view. Are you maybe just looking at two different views? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

Can you share a screenshot from the new Jira issue view? The one above is the old view. 

Deborah Cross February 15, 2021

Here's how it looks in the new view.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 8.21.32 am.png 

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2021

@Deborah Cross 

A screenshot will be very helpful please. 

Rest reassured that Atlassian will never make a change without communicating it. 

It could be a glitch

Best

Fadoua

Deborah Cross February 11, 2021

Thanks, here's part of our screen - the items Overview, Priority Factors etc where previously within the right hand bar a few hours ago. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 8.21.32 am.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

Pretty swanky to me.  ;-)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events