Jira service desk customer portal

Fuad Hasanli February 4, 2020

Hi everyone.

Need some suggestion and help. We've one Service desk project and customer portal. There are different group of customer request types. 

• X support
  • Company internal 
  • DCS 

Now, we have hotline. Internal customer (our employees) and external customers need to call to hotline and after agents with Service desk licences use customer portal to raise request.

I want to give access to internal customers permission to raise request via Customer portal.

I want that internal customers have permission to raise request only via Idrak office. And give permission agents with service desk licences raise request in all group of customer request types. Or it'll be confusing for employees, they could make mistake and raise request let's say in DCS

I've never before worked on Customer portal, now confusing while read documentation, is it possible to do, if yes - how?

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

Hi @Fuad Hasanli ,

You unfortunately can't limit which requests in a project are able to be viewed by customers already in your project. I believe the best you can do out of the box is to add a Permission Validator (User has Service Desk Agent permission) on the create transitions of workflows that the customers should not be able to trigger.

Doing this will display a generic error message if anyone without the Service Desk Agent permission tries to raise a request in the X Support or DCS groups.

You can achieve more with plugins, such as detailed error messages with ScriptRunner, or warning headers with ProForma.

Fuad Hasanli February 4, 2020

Hi Michael, thank you very much for reply. 

1 vote
Kyle Cooke March 31, 2020

Hi Faud, 

We use Extension for Jira add-on. It grants the ability to change the visibility of requests types on the portal. We have an LDAP connection to show and hide certain forms to groups. 

Jamie Hamilton December 14, 2022

This has worked really well for me in the past - you can link groups to request types which makes it super easy to decide who can see what in the portal. 

ie/ IT staff user group only seeing IT related request types.  

Suggest an answer