Jira scrum board missing features in sidebar

Igor Meshev July 13, 2017

Hi, 
we are using a scrum board that is linked with multiple projects. Is there a way to configure it so that it shows all the shortcuts like components, releases, project summary etc. ?

Right now the sidebar shows only 3 buttons: backlog, active sprints and reports.

Thanks,
Igor M.

4 answers

2 votes
jasna stefanovic January 30, 2018

All, this is an issue. we have always had multiple projects in one board and all of a suddenly it does not. Also, one day it works and the next it does not. I feel like we are part of the dev sandbox and changes are done on the fly!

1 vote
Randy Secrest December 6, 2019

Was there ever a resolution for this?  I'm having the same issue, any board with a multiple project filter loses the side bar optoins for Releases, issues, and components. 

0 votes
Sarah Hegarty September 3, 2020

I'm having this issue too, however my colleagues are still able to see all the options in the side menu while I am not. I am configured as the project lead for both projects on the board, and they are not.... Really stumped as to what the problem is. 

The first project on my board worked fine, but when we created a second project based on the exact same configuration and added it, that is when this issue started. When looking at individual tickets in either project, all the sidebar links are available, it's just on the scrum board that they are missing. 

Has anyone found a solution to this?

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Igor,

I would check your filter.  When you have more than one project in your filter you will see that.  Here is what my sidebar looks like with two projects in my filter:

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.24.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.24.20 AM.png

Here is what my sidebar looks like with one project in my board filter:

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.25.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 10.25.02 AM.png

Cheers,

Branden

maksya May 7, 2018

Hi Branden,

And that's the issue as reported by Igor, I guess. It occurs that we are constrained significantly when a board is linked to several projects. Why? Could it be solved?

So far I have to work with 2 different boards on a single sprint..

Regards,

Max

Suggest an answer