Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira plugin - Lexical error at line 1, column 2. Encountered: <EOF> after : ""

Hi all,

We have written a couple of Jira plugins (we're on Jira 8.11.1) and are getting tons of these messages in the log when the plugins are enabled:

2021-06-11 08:27:15,001-0400 http-nio-2990-exec-3 ERROR - [c.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager] Exception getting message body from Velocity: org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Lexical error: org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column 2. Encountered: <EOF> after : ""

org.apache.velocity.exception.ParseErrorException: Lexical error: org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.TokenMgrError: Lexical error at line 1, column 2. Encountered: <EOF> after : ""

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.evaluate(RuntimeInstance.java:1202)

We have been searching for the cause for two weeks now and haven't been able to locate what file (vm, js, css) that it is complaining about.  I downloaded a free VM parsing tool and it identified no errors in any of the .vm files.  I have tried enabling DEBUG logging on numerous classes listed in the stack trace but none of them will tell me which specific file, or even text (if I knew the text I can figure out the file) it is complaining about.  If I remove every single one of our js, css and png files from the plugin jar, we don't get the parsing error, we just get errors that the js files can't be found to be loaded - obviously expected.  But if I put back even ONE of the js files, or any of the png files, the error immediately comes back.  The plugin is being built using Maven and the resources are all being encoded with UTF-8.  I've even tried encoding the resources as ASCII and ISO-8559-1 with no luck.  Has anybody else run into this?  Any suggestions on how to narrow down exactly which of our files Velocity doesn't like?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

323 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you