Jira not start after put backup

Pablo Corti December 22, 2017

2017-12-22 09:25:07,437 JIRA-Bootstrap WARN [o.o.c.entity.jdbc.DatabaseUtil] Entity "CustomFieldValue" has 9 fields but table "customfieldvalue" has 10 columns.
2017-12-22 09:25:07,604 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] The database is configured. Now running Database Checklist Launcher
2017-12-22 09:25:09,910 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.startup.DatabaseChecklistLauncher] JIRA Build Version Check failed:

****************************************************************************************************
Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.
The data present in your database is newer than the version of JIRA you are trying to startup.
Database build number: 76001
JIRA app build number: 73015
Please use the correct version of JIRA. You are running: 7.3.4#73015-sha1:a262b3457b3605f12635df4b0a0c3dc71d631a1e
Alternatively, you can allow a Downgrade to occur by setting the system property jira.downgrade.allowed=true.
****************************************************************************************************

2017-12-22 09:25:09,911 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.startup.DatabaseChecklistLauncher] Database startup check failed - this is FATAL - JIRA will not be in a working state.
2017-12-22 09:25:09,914 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO [c.a.j.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl] The database is configured. Now running Post database-configuration launchers
2017-12-22 09:25:09,915 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher] Johnson events present; aborting: [(Event: Level = (EventLevel: error) , Key = (EventType: database) , Desc = <p>Failed to start JIRA due to a build number inconsistency.</p><p>The data present in your database is newer than the version of JIRA you are trying to startup.<br>Database build number: 76001<br>JIRA app build number: 73015</p><p>Please use the correct version of JIRA. You are running: 7.3.4#73015-sha1:a262b3457b3605f12635df4b0a0c3dc71d631a1e</p> , Exception = ]

2 answers

0 votes

That's what I did when I reset the base and Jira works fine. But a power cut turned off the computer and now it does not work

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

I'm not sure how a power cut could have installed the wrong version of Jira on your machine.

You'll need to install the same version of Jira you have in the source of the backup in order to restore it.

The backup was restored a week ago and Jira was perfect these days. After the shutdown did not start again and gives that error. What version of Jira should I download?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2017

Hard to tell from the build number.  It's probably easiest to look at the server you took the backup from.

My guess is that you may have two or more installations of Jira on your target server and something in the server start up or your start scripts are starting the wrong one.

Like Incle YC likes this

Ohh! voy a chequear que no me hayan quedado dos instalaciones en mi servidor luego de restablecer el backup!
Ese si podría ser el motivo!
Muchas Gracias!!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2017

When you restore a backup, you need to restore it to a Jira installation that is the same version as the Jira you took the backup from.

Try using the correct version of Jira for your backup.

Suggest an answer