Jira - logging hours on sub tasks

Ofira Daniel October 3, 2017

Hi ,

Case - I have in Sprint 1 user story X , I started to work on it in Sprint 1 and as I didn`t complete it , user story moved to Sprint 2 and there I completed it.

Is there a way to calc how many hours were logged in each sprint on this user story sub tasks ? 

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

You can export the worklogs to Excel using the Better Excel add-on for JIRA, then create a pivot table where the "sprint" is one of the dimension and sum(worklog) is the key metric.

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

But the sprint field will already be changed ?

Maybe worklog created time checking between sprint start/end date will do ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2017

An issue can be in many sprints.  Aron's suggestion on the pivot will work because of that.

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2017

Ahh I thought he meant changed the sprint by "move".

(Y)

Ofira Daniel October 15, 2017

how can I export the worklogs to excel ?

Gezim Shehu [Communardo]
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2017

Try going into Project->Reports->

Forecast & management

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2017

@Ofira Daniel With this add-on you can export worklogs in multiple ways to Excel:

1. Along with other issue fields
  2. Into pivot tables

Suggest an answer