Jira is not starting

Deleted user July 17, 2017

Since upgrade to 7.4 I get a startup error, when I restart my Server. I tried to set the Plugin-Time-Limit to 1200 and the aviable RAM to 2048MB. I still got the errors.

Sometimes it is working sometimes it doesn't work.

I searched the Logs but I couldn't find anything helpful. First errors come when 61 Plugings are still to enable.

Error:

We couldn't start the following plugins:

- JIRA Projects Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin)
- Atlassian Navigation Links Plugin (com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin)
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin)
- Applinks - Plugin - Core (com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin)
- Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider)
- Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
- Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Global Issue Navigator (com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin)
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)
- Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module)
- Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest)
- Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)
- Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)

First Error:

2017-07-17 20:46:55,080 JIRA-Bootstrap INFO      [c.a.plugin.util.WaitUntil] Plugins that have yet to be enabled: (61): [com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira, com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-trustedapps-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-awareness-capability, com.atlassian.jira-core-project-templates, com.atlassian.support.healthcheck.support-healthcheck-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-bitbucket-plugin, com.atlassian.administration.atlassian-admin-quicksearch-jira, com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-ui-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-remote-event-common-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bitbucket-connector-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.webhooks.jira-webhooks-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-link-confluence-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-nav-links-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo, com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-basicauth-plugin, com.atlassian.jirafisheyeplugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial, com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin-api, com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-oauth-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-link-remote-jira-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-remote-event-consumer-plugin, com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin, com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.workflow.sharing.jira-workflow-sharing-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-whitelist-api-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.project-templates-plugin, com.atlassian.whisper.atlassian-whisper-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.atlassian-project-creation-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module, com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-components, com.atlassian.plugins.base-hipchat-integration-plugin, com.atlassian.streams, com.atlassian.mywork.mywork-common-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.gadgets, com.atlassian.jira.jira-view-issue-plugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.oauth.serviceprovider, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-healthcheck-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-development-integration-plugin, com.atlassian.plugins.jira-remote-link-aggregator-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.rest, com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin, com.atlassian.jirawallboard.atlassian-wallboard-plugin, com.atlassian.streams.actions, com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-link-applinks-common-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-software-plugin, com.atlassian.mywork.mywork-jira-provider-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-issue-nav-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-core-reports-plugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded, com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard, com.atlassian.applinks.applinks-cors-plugin, com.atlassian.gadgets.directory, com.atlassian.jira.jira-header-plugin, com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-issue-navigator, com.atlassian.labs.hipchat.hipchat-for-jira-plugin, com.atlassian.streams.streams-thirdparty-plugin], 1000 seconds remaining

2017-07-17 20:46:55,270 Spring DM Context Creation Timer WARN      [o.e.g.b.e.i.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor] Timeout occurred before finding service dependencies for [NonValidatingOsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml)]

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user July 20, 2017

I had to disable the Timetracker Plugin to solve this issue!

I don't get why they wrote the Plugin is compatible but it itsn't!

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2017

Hi David,

In the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log or the JIRA_INSTALL/logs/catalina.out, search for jira starting.  Find the most recent instance of jira starting and then look for database statistics and post that section.  That will tell us how may issues, projects, etc you have and then we can use that and compare it to the JIRA Sizing Guide.  This will ensure the correct amount of heap memory is being allocated to the instance.

Cheers,

Branden

Deleted user July 18, 2017

Hi Brandon,

I checked the sizing Guide and my Server should be ok.

I don't get it when I do a restart jira starts mostly fine, but when I shutdown my server and start my server again jira won't start.

Why I do get Errors like:

Your reply was not accepted. Please check for inappropriate language or spam.
When I try to copy the log?

Here is the log

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ekOagYgzqMjPPehz0ugAwQx3t-5Iwe5-s4Jlca5udSo/edit?usp=sharing

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events