Jira instance Upgrade

testdockerhub January 18, 2019

hello Community,

ive the following situation, and i want to know the best scenario for it,

ive Jira instance 7.1.4 on Centos 7.0 which connect to MSSQL Server, iwant to upgrade my instance to the latest version : 7.13. whats the best scenario for that .

Thanks at advance .

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2019

Dr. Webtech, 

I'd recommend a thorough reading of Atlassian's guide to upgrades for JIRA. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/ug/jira-software-upgrade-matrix-933696761.html

This document provides a lot of great information about platform changes, technical upgrade notes, ect. Make sure you are checking to ensure that all of your auxiliary systems are supported, Java, OS, DB, ect. 

Make sure to double check how you should upgrade your add ons. You should be able to use the JIRA update check to see if there are any special things you need to do there. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/upm/checking-app-compatibility-with-application-updates-273875705.html

Finally, I'd recommend trying this out on a test environment first. You are moving quite a lot of versions at once and having something to test against will be important!

testdockerhub January 18, 2019

Thanks Kiane, for your valuable informations.,i already found that link and i checked the Add-Ons its ok, but i want to know if anyone tried that before that may share his experience and the possible risks ,i want to mention also that i have confluence in there (6.0.2) that i also want to upgrade..,any suggestion !!!! ( All that is on the Test Env for now )...thanks at advance

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2019

Dr. Webtech. 

I have not performed that specific upgrade before. I'm afriad I can't offer any insight specifically about going from 7.1.4 to 7.13! I wish you well on the test upgrades!

Thanks, 

Kian

Suggest an answer