Jira crashed

Nitin Patel December 27, 2017

I am getting below error while accessing my Jira software.

Unexpected exception during JIRA startup. This JIRA instance will not be able to recover. Please check the logs for details

I have tried to delete index folder from cache, but same error comes

2 answers

0 votes
Nitin Patel December 28, 2017

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

But I have checked that there is full permission to user and owner.  I have already tried to delete indexes folder from cache.  New index folder also created into this, I also have given full permission to everyone to check, but still same problem.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

You need to work out why the process cannot access that directory.

Try logging in as the user (not yourself or an admin) and deleting files (after taking a copy).  You should be told why the OS is stopping you

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2017

What does the log say the problem is?

Nitin Patel December 28, 2017

how can I find error in log file?

I have created a html link to check log file error, because I did not understand it.

http://template.weblivelink.com/error.txt

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2017

To find an error in a log file, read it!

A quick scan of that log shows there are two big errors, but it is possible that the first error is causing the second.

The second error is something wrong with reading/writing the database, but you need to fix the first error before looking at this one.

The first error is "unable to clean plugin cache".  This is usually caused by the directory or its contents having the wrong permissions. 

You need to check that the whole of the Jira home directory is owned by the user that runs the Jira service and it has full access to it.  Because of the poor design of Windows, we sometimes find virus scanners block access to Jira files and directories, so make sure these are off.

Suggest an answer