Jira cloud under one account and Bitbucket in a different account

Steve Barak April 29, 2021

Good evening all,

I am new to the Jira / Atlassian product, and I already had a Bitbucket account under a different account/email and now when I clicked to connect Jira to Bitbucket it created a new free account (same as the Jira).

Can I use Jira under a certain account and link to Bitbucket under a different account?

Currently, the Jira plan is Free, and Bitbucket is Paid.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

Hi Steve,

I understand that you have an existing account on a Bitbucket Cloud site, but are interested in trying to connect Jira Cloud to this Bitbucket site using different account.  In order to integrate Jira Cloud with Bitbucket Cloud you need to have at least one account that exists in both applications. 

From Jira's side, that account is expected to be a Jira Administrator. But also we explain what this account in Bitbucket also needs to be able to see the workspace that has this repo in Connect Jira Cloud to Bitbucket:

Make sure you're logged in to the Bitbucket account that has the workspace you want to connect with Jira, and then Grant access for Jira to your Bitbucket workspace.

Provided that you have at least this one account that exists in both products, then that account can complete this link.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer