Jira board's card layout and checklist

Rafal Sojka April 13, 2021

Hi,

We have JIRA 8.5 in our infrastructure, we added a checklist-type field (plugin: Checklist for JIRA provided by Okapya) into a card layout on the board and unfortunately only one value ("SIT") is visible instead of two that we defined ("SIT","IAT"). Do you know why ? How we can change this behavior ?

1jira.png

The available values are only visible when we hover over the value presented on the card, like here:

2jira.png

Please advise if there is any workaround to show all values on the cards or not ?

Thank you,

2 answers

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Rafal Sojka ,

We're the make of Checklist for Jira. You are using a Checklist Proxy to display the information on the card. This proxy has different display types parameters and you are using the "Checklist" display type. This type is more suited for displaying a readon-only checklist directly in an issue. You should use the "Banner" or "Progress Bar" types on a card. 

The reason why you are only seeing one item on the card and the entire checklist when hovering is due to Atlassian. Jira limits the display area in the card to a single line so the Checklist is completely truncated. The hovering will then show the entire field.

I hope it answered your question.

Regards,

Yves

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hello @Rafal Sojka 

I am not finding any other mentions of this issue in my searches of the internet and the Atlassian community. Have you tried contacting Atlassian Support directly about this?

Rafal Sojka April 19, 2021

This checklist issue type is provided by Okapya : (plugin: Checklist for JIRA provided by Okapya)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events