Jira automations never trigger

Matt Ho November 25, 2020

Hello, I've created a very simple automation.  When a new issue is created and it's issue type is Task, create a subtask, X.  

Jira appears to accept my configuration, but regardless of how many issues I create, subtasks never seem to be created.

I feel like I must be missing something.  Any suggestions?

• The rule is enabled
  • I'm creating new tasks in the same project that I defined the rule
  • I doubled checked the type I'm creating is Task and the filter is Task

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

Hi @Matt Ho 

Would you please post an image of your rule and of the rule's audit log?  That will help the community give you ideas.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 11.54.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-25 at 11.53.04 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-25 at 11.51.39 AM.png

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2020

Thanks, Matt.

First thing, there appears to be an on-going incident impacting Jira and rule execution.  You may monitor that one here:

https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/incidents/x5yqyntc3kys

While we wait for that to resolve, check your permissions to ensure the automation user is still set up.  If you haven't changed any permissions, and you are the only site admin, there probably won't be any issues there.

Matt Ho November 28, 2020

That was it.  Looks like they're working now.

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2020

Hello Matt,

Have you tried having a look at the "Logs" of your automation rule ?

It can help you understand where the problem is.

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

Nothing shows up in the logs.  It's as if the rule isn't triggering.

When I look at the individual tasks that I'm creating, I see:

No executions recorded against this issue yet.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events