Jira automation with Series of conditions

JK Baseer April 14, 2021

Hi Guys, 

Currently I have a simple automation rules for 4 Scenario. 

The automation check whether the SUMMARY has iOS, it assign to a person. Same method for Android, etc. 

Snip20210414_28.png

This is constructed as 4 rules. It's working, no issues. What I would like to ask is whether I can combine all the 4 rules into one. For sure, this is not a nested if condition. 

It just need to check  SUMMARY or Custom Label and assign

If SUMMARY

iOS = Julie, Android = Marcus, API = Wasim, 

If PLATFORM  (custom field)

iOS = Julie, Android = Marcus, API = Wasim.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi JK,

There is an IF/Else condition type in Automation. Have you tried that? You could probably also accomplish it by using branches. But I would first start with the IF/Else. 

JK Baseer April 14, 2021

hi @John Funk Thanks! 

Any one example? 

I tried this before. The problem am facing is the if condition cannot accept OR LOGIC but use AND Logic. How can we use OR condition inside ifelse? 

Snip20210415_31.png 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Can you share the entire rule? 

JK Baseer April 16, 2021

Hi John,

Thanks for helping on this, sharing the screenshot below. I preferably want to have task assigned to 4 different team leads based on SUMMARY or PLATFORM label. 

Below example shows iOS, Android. 

Snip20210417_38.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2021

Use the Platform is one of iOS where it says Add else - not the Add component above it. And use the same Action (assign the issue) under both of those. 

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

I don't think you can do that.

(We developed an app that can run Groovy scripts as part of the automation rule and return values which will become smart values for the next actions and conditions. Using that technique you can flexibly define condition and then return its TRUE/FALSE value. But this app is available only for Data Center and Server.)

Suggest an answer