Jira automation is now READ-ONLY

Alejandro Zamit March 13, 2024

An automation I made in Jira now has some fails but the problem is that itself went into read-only mode and I cant edit it even I'm the owner and Im an administrator (Selected too in the rule).

Other problem is that the original rule is multi-proyect and when I made a copy it the scope changed to a single proyect and I cant change de scope.

How I can or the admin can solve this? I read many related post but no one one seems to have a answer that works.

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Hi @Alejandro Zamit 

Welcome to community!

Is this a problem only with one rule?

Are you a site admin or a project admin?

Yes only in this rule. Project admin. I managed and even change a few times the rule, but sudenly is read-only.

Fazila Ashraf
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2024

If you are only a project admin, you cannot edit this multi project scope global automation. Only your jira admin will be able to modify this. 

Refer to https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/permissions-required-for-jira-cloud-automation-rules/ 

0 votes
Geethanjali R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2024

Hi @Alejandro Zamit 

If you have a Site administrator role it is not enough to manage the Automation rules, you need Jira administrator permissions to edit. 

It would help to check this document: Permissions required to manage Automation rules

From "Rule details", you can view who have the permission to Edit the Automation rule:

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 3.40.08 PM.png

Im added to the ones who can edit the rule (but I cant because is read-only). I used to change fields and filters on this rule till now, that is read-only.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events