Jira automatic triggered email disable

Ankit Jain August 15, 2022

Hi,

We are using Jira software and have some issue, it automatically triggered a mail from one of users id to our management's id

I am new to Jira ,don't know where to look at, searching found look in Project Settings>Notifications, but it doesn't make sense 

Is their somewhere else I can look for what triggered the mail? And I need to disable it

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2022

Hello @Ankit Jain 

There are multiple ways an email could be sent depending on the features and possibly third party apps that have been enabled on your system.

The Notifications Scheme for a project is the first place to look. That sends emails based on Events that can occur with an issue. The Notification Scheme enables you to designate that the mail should go to people in User Groups, assigned to Project Roles, related to the issue in a specific way (i.e. Reporter, Assignee), and even to specific individual users.

It is possible to send an email by customizing a Workflow Transition also.

It is also possible for an individual to send an email directly from a single issue using the Share Issue feature.

An email could be sent to the user if another user mentioned (using the "@" symbol) the first user in a Comment or other text field in the issue.

You might also have Automation for Jira enabled in your system, which is another way the email can be automatically sent.

What are the circumstances that resulted in the use getting the email? What was the content of the email? Is the event one that is included in the Notification Scheme?

Suggest an answer