Jira app limit

Іван Андрєєв June 10, 2022

Is it possible in the Jira app to limit the number of people and make them available only to certain people, roles or groups?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

I imagine what you mean is that you have added apps to Jira, and you want to know if you can limit who can use some/all of the apps.

If that is correct, the answer is it depends: each app is available in different ways/places and may or may not have ways to limit who can trigger or use the app. You will need to look at this app by app.

If you were hoping to reduce the number of licenses you need to purchase, for example "App ABC is only used by 20 of our 100 users, so I only want a license for 20 users" that is not possible. You have to purchase an app license for the number of users on your instance, even if today the app is only used by some of your users. 

Іван Андрєєв June 13, 2022

Hi @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ 

I realized that the application connects to all users, I'm not against it, but I wish that not everyone could use the application, this detail should be clarified in the technical support of the application?

Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2022

Yes, you'll need to look in the app documentation. If you have trouble finding a clear answer, don't hesitate to contact the support team of the app (the contact information is listed on the app page of the Marketplace).

0 votes
Khomase Unathi August 30, 2022

Thanks so that I can make apps

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders