Jira and Salesforce integration - view status issue in Salesforce

Irina Ivanova July 11, 2020

Hello guys. I am trying to integrate Jira and Salesforce and I have use case where I want just to view the status issue (ex. "TO DO", "In Progress"...) in the standard Jira Issue Component in Salesforce. 

Screenshot_1.pngI have added mappings between the summary and description. The Issue Type and Priority came by default. I want to ask how to add the status field from Jira as well? I could not find anything similar after couple of hours googling. I have managed to add the status as mapping between custom field on the object in Salesforce and Jira but I want to display it in this component in the screenshot under the other fields in Salesforce. 

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aidin Mahmoodi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 12, 2020

Hey Irina,

Aidin here, from the product team @ ServiceRocket. You can customize the Jira fields on your Salesforce package based on the documentation here, under "Available Fields" section.

Let me know if this helps!

Thank you.

Best,

Aidin

Irina Ivanova July 12, 2020

Thanks a lot!!! I was trying to do this from Jira and that's why I could not view the field. My bad for not reading the documentation carefully... Thanks once again!

Mercedes Rothwell February 24, 2023

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place for this but a google search brought me here. I was wondering if it is possible to send field values from Jira to Salesforce without having to add them to Salesforce manually.

Specifically, I am wondering if we can send our components list to Salesforce automatically, meaning that if the name changes in Jira, it would change in salesforce as well. We have had issues where an extra space or misspelling in salesforce created a new component, and we have over 200 components, so you can understand that it is difficult to track down problems like that.

1 vote
Shubham Gupta April 22, 2021

Hi @Irina Ivanova 

Hope you are doing good!

If you would like to know about some more tool that help you in the integrating both your salesforce and jira instances try - Sinergify—a Salesforce & Jira Connector.

You will experience the Most Flexible, Easiest, and Securest Way to Integrate Salesforce and Jira. 

Thanks

Shubham

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events