Jira agile board not showing issue

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Help, :) 

I have created many boards and this is the first time I have seen this.   I have two columns and one of the columns when in the configure portion shows a status with 1 issue in it.  I go to the board and it does not appear?!?   If I put any other issue there (by moving say closed status to this column) they show.    

Went through the recommendations here and nothing https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issues-are-not-appearing-in-boards-779159013.html 

This issue did appear when it was in the other column.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

Kanban boards, by default, use "issue is in a released version" to remove "done" issues from the right-hand column.  Have a look at the "sub filter" near the bottom of the main board configuration page.

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

I just saw sub-filter.    I am learning still.   Thanks.

Simon Bundgaard February 18, 2020

This was a real head scratcher for me as well - Thanks!

0 votes
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2017

I found more information when turning on DEBUG in the log I see it is running this query: ( {fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()} OR {fixVersion is EMPTY} )  

Why does it need an unreleased version for FixVersion?!?    

Is there a way I can turn that off?

Marc April 20, 2018

Hi Robbert,

It is not required and you can remove the Kanban board sub-filter. But it is a default setting on each board.

It is depending on the Fix Version/s field in you field configuration. If its hidden there, by default a board will not show So for each board you create on projects with the field Fix Verion/s in the Field Configuration, you should remove the sub filter.

Cheers

Suggest an answer