Jira activity stream shows broken links to Confluence attachments

Martin Siu January 18, 2018

When I attached a file onto Confluence, the Jira Activity Stream shows a new entry.
However, when I click on the attachment link on the Activity Stream, Jira returns an error.

Any pointers to how to resolve this broken link is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 9.23.37 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 9.21.39 am.png

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2018

Hi Martin

I found a bug that describes the situation you're seeing at CONFSERVER-52102: Broken Attachment Link in JIRA Activity Stream Gadget.  Take a look at the ticket and if you agree that is what you're seeing take a look at the workaround:

Workaround

Open the attachment link in a new tab and remove one of the 2 forward slashes between the Base URL and download/attachments. E.g. from:

to

Let me know if that is the issue and if so please also vote on the issue to add impact and you'll be notified when there is a change to the issue.

Cheers,

Branden

Martin Siu January 18, 2018

That workaround is not a solution. It doesn't make sense for the user to open a new tab and manually change the URL.
The fault is within the Jira software which should be addressed by a proper fix.

Like # people like this
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2018

Hi Martin,

I understand.  For now that is the workaround to get it work until a fix is found and made available.  Please be sure to vote on CONFSERVER-52102 to add impact so hopefully we can get this resolved faster.

Cheers,

Branden

Kirsten Lemana February 27, 2018

Hi,

Is there a workaround for this one? I also encountered same issue.

Thanks!

Kei

Suggest an answer