Jira activity stream shows broken links to Confluence attachments

When I attached a file onto Confluence, the Jira Activity Stream shows a new entry.
However, when I click on the attachment link on the Activity Stream, Jira returns an error.

Any pointers to how to resolve this broken link is appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 9.23.37 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 9.21.39 am.png

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Martin

I found a bug that describes the situation you're seeing at CONFSERVER-52102: Broken Attachment Link in JIRA Activity Stream Gadget.  Take a look at the ticket and if you agree that is what you're seeing take a look at the workaround:

Workaround

Open the attachment link in a new tab and remove one of the 2 forward slashes between the Base URL and download/attachments. E.g. from:

to

Let me know if that is the issue and if so please also vote on the issue to add impact and you'll be notified when there is a change to the issue.

Cheers,

Branden

That workaround is not a solution. It doesn't make sense for the user to open a new tab and manually change the URL.
The fault is within the Jira software which should be addressed by a proper fix.

Hi Martin,

I understand.  For now that is the workaround to get it work until a fix is found and made available.  Please be sure to vote on CONFSERVER-52102 to add impact so hopefully we can get this resolved faster.

Cheers,

Branden

Hi,

Is there a workaround for this one? I also encountered same issue.

Thanks!

Kei

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,462 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you