Jira account tangle

Евгений Ушаков July 2, 2021

Previously I was invited to join a study project in Jira. Now I need to create a test project of my own, but Jira informs, that every member of the team, I was previously invited in, will have access to project that I would create. So I choose to create a new account and changed e-mail, associated with an old one. I successfully comformed new e-mail for old account and then my old e-mail for new account. But when I try to log-in to my new account (with previously used e-mail), Jira informs me, that I have no access to my old team and it cannot log me in - why, I don't need access to that old account, and I log in with an e-mail, that is not accociated with it any more?!
What do I do to create a new project with not letting in members of my old study team?

1 answer

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2021

Hi @Евгений Ушаков ,

Thanks for posting in community.

Sorry to say but it sounds a bit confusing due to these lines - 'I successfully confirmed new e-mail for old account and then my old e-mail for new account. But when I try to log-in to my new account (with previously used e-mail), Jira informs me, that I have no access to my old team and it cannot log me in'.

If I have understood correctly, you want to sent up a new fresh account in Jira for testing purpose which does not have any relevance with your past work then you should just use the new account and credentials associated with the new account, it has nothing to do with your past account unless you  are trying to do something else.

Hi. Thank you for reply. But what you suggest was not possible, because Jira didn't let me "just use the new account". Every time I received the message, I mentioned above: that T have no access to my old team.
"'I successfully comfirmed new e-mail for old account and then my old e-mail for new account" - this means that:
1) I've changed (to newmail.ru, for example) and confirmed e-mail for old account
2) I've created a new account with an e-mail (oldmail.ru, for example), that I previously used with an old account

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2021

Thanks for your response @Евгений Ушаков .

Could you please check this confluence page regarding change email address -  https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html ?

I think you need to follow the steps associated with unmanaged account.

If it doesn't sort the problem, I think it's better to connect support.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Suvradip

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events