Jira access

Luanna Reis July 22, 2021

Hi! I would like to ask for help on a problem I’ve been facing since Monday. I’ve been trying to give access to Jira for an employee, but it’s not working. Frist, I made myself the approving manager of the request and after approving it I got the message on Teams that the request has been approved and later that it was completed, but the user still couldn’t log in to Jira. Then I asked other two users to be the approving manager, got the same message saying that the request has been approved and later that it was completed but nothing changed, and the employee still has no access to Jira. Every time he tries to log in the gets this message "This account has been deactivated. Please contact your organization admin." What can I do do give him access to Jira?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

The request does not have anything to do with the status of the account.

Your organisation admin needs to go maintain the account, and re-enable it.  It's been deliberately flagged as deactivated by your organisation.  (You don't do silly things like re-use email addresses do you?  That can lead to this sort of broken state)

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

Hi @Luanna Reis welcome to the Atlassian community.

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- specified, it has to be enabled by your in-house "Jira admin" only and not by giving approving permissions to user(s). Your Jira administrator has access to admin settings where he will check and has to make it active/ enable and add user(s).

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Luanna Reis July 23, 2021

Thank you!

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events