Jira/Zendesk integration

Jim Stewart October 16, 2020

This is kind of a broad question but I was wondering if there is a base of knowledge or experience out there about integrating Jira and Zendesk. Someone might want me to get involved in that and I just wanted to find out more about what's known, what tools might be out there. I believe the idea is to migrate from Zendesk over to Jira over time. 

5 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Getint.io April 30, 2021

Hi :) there is a new app on the Atlassian Marketplace called getint.io, to help you with the integration between Jira and Zendesk (including a migration feature for those, who may need it). 

Here is the link to the Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223934/getint-zendesk-integration-issue-sync?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

And to the website, if you'd like to read more https://getint.io/

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

Hi Jacek,

Thank you for sharing your app as a solution. From now on, please be sure to clearly specify in your replies that you represent getint.io. 

If you are mentioning your own products or services, make sure you include wording to make it clear that you are affiliated with the company providing those products or services.

Please also be sure that you do not reply on a thread older than six months to promote your products. We refer to this as necroposting in our guidelines: Atlassian Community online guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners

Thank you again, and take care!

Regards,

Shannon

Like Getint.io likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Eric Smith February 15, 2021

Hey Jim,

We have been using ZigiOps as a middleware to connect Jira with some of our systems - Zendesk is part of that. 

Its working good for now, hopefully it will continue to do so.

Jim Stewart February 15, 2021

Good to know. Thanks .

1 vote
Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hey @Mark Mulik 
Have you checked Exalate?

If you are willing to use an app. Here is a guide of how you can do it:

Let me know if this helps,

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 7, 2021

Hi @Jose Lobo (Solutions Architect at Exalate),

Thank you for sharing your company's app as a solution.  Please be aware of our vendor guidelines. You need to identify yourself by putting your company's name in your username and using wording that makes it clear you are affiliated with the company providing the services.

We also recommend not necroposting, that is, avoid replying to posts six months or older to promote your product.

Thank you for your attention on this!

Take care,

Shannon

0 votes
Cameron Milne February 28, 2023

We have integrated ZD and Jira for creating tickets with Zendesk however we can't assign to a 'Team', only a particular assignee in Jira. Is there a fix for this? 
Thanks!

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2020

Hi @Jim Stewart ,

I'd suggest the same thing as this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Integrate-between-Jira-Service-desk-and-Zendesk/qaq-p/1027412

Regarding the eventual migration, there is an Atlassian ticket to help with that, I recommend to vote for it :-) :

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-38861

Jim Stewart October 18, 2020

Wow, there's a whole boatload of apps Thank you, Carlos. And I will definitely vote for that! 

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2020

You're welcome, Jim.  Please consider accepting the answer if it was useful and if you think it could help others as well. Thanks!

Mark Mulik April 26, 2021

Hi, @Jim Stewart . I have been wondering the same thing. We have been using Zendesk as our service desk system for a while, and we have not elected to transition to Jira Service Desk. A Zendesk rep told us recently of a free Zendesk-produced add-on to Zendesk to do bi-directional updates between Zendesk and Jira, It looks interesting, but for one who spends a large portion of the day in Jira, having to toggle to Zendesk to make updates where we have a Zendesk ticket aligned with a Jira issue is a little tedious. I'd rather do any linking/updates from within Jira.

To set up the Jira add-on for Zendesk, it needs to be installed in our Zendesk instance, and there must be some authentication happening between the two systems, but I haven't gone there yet. 

Anyone try that solution and have any advice to offer about it?

Thanks. 

Jim Stewart April 26, 2021

Actually, I misspoke in that question. They weren't integrating - they were migrating. They used a product from this company which worked pretty well, at least in our pilot. And our IT support organization had used it elsewhere and liked it. I was only on the project as a contractor for about four or five months till they got a full-time PM.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218450/zendesk-to-jira-service-management?hosting=cloud&tab=support

Ah. Thanks, @Jim Stewart . That's not what I'm looking for. As we are currently retaining Zendesk while simultaneously pushing heavier adoption of Jira, if we could nail down the integration between the two systems, that would encourage broader use of Jira by those more accustomed to working in Zendesk, especially if users on each side could be notified when a Zendesk ticket is linked to a Jira issue. 

Of course, notifications can get to be annoying after a while, but I like getting the notifications, as it tells me there's activity going on that I may not be actively watching in Jira. 

Jim Stewart April 26, 2021

Sure. Have you checked the Atlassian marketplace? I don't know if it's there but worth a look. Failing that, it's not clear that either vendor has much invested in pursuing it. 

I was surprised Zendesk was offering the add-on, given their competition. I'll check the marketplace again. Thanks. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events