Jira User analytics

abhishek mittal July 7, 2014

I would to understand the usage behaviour of JIra users in my organization.

Please suggest how the following information can be retrieved from the jira database using queries and if its possible to do so in the first place.

1. Jira Dashboard creation
  2. Jira Filter creation
  3. Jira agile usage
  4. Confluence usage
  5. Team calendar usage

Thanks

Abhishek Mittal

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2014

It's not clear what information you are looking for.

Do you mean the users ownership of the first 4 points? Or usage? Or access to? Or? (I've skipped points 5 and 6 because 5 is a repeat and 6 isn't Jira)

abhishek mittal July 7, 2014

I meant the usage of these features. I wanted to know how many users are using these features. This could include for e.g; access count for each dashboard in a given day.

For Filters, the question is how many users are creating filters. Whas the frequency of usage.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2014

See, that's still not clear. You have not defined "usage" just repeated the same vague question. You need to be precise about what you're looking for.

"Creating filter" is one clear metric. "Frequency of usage" is still too vague. Do you mean when people visit it in the issue navigator? Excel? Use it in a Jelly script? Subscriptions? Dashboard gadgets? Reports? Agile boards? Do you mean actual times they visit something using a filter, or just where it's configured to be used?

You've got similar problems with the other three items on your list - the definition of "usage" is too vague to be able to form an answer.

Suggest an answer