Jira Upgrade: from 8.5 to 8.13 (LTS release)

Rafal Sojka April 16, 2021

Dear All,

We plan to perform upgrade from 8.5.3 release to the latest LTS release which is 8.13. Are you aware of any obstacles or other issues that could be caused by such a direct upgrade ? Shall we perform some intermediate upgrades (ex. to 8.7 or any other version between 8.5 and 8.13 ) ?

Please advise/Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

You can upgrade directly from 8.5.x to 8.13.x.

On this page you can read about important changes in each intermediate version.

I also strongly recommend to review the supported platforms. The most important here is to check whether your database version is still compatible.

You should also check the upgrade notes of your apps (plugins). Sometimes they require a manual action. But that's pretty rate.

Rafal Sojka April 19, 2021

Thank you for your help, much appreciated. 

Best regards,

Rafal

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

Hi @Rafal Sojka

confirming what Charlie already said especially with this particular upgrade 8.5 -> 8.13 never had any issues.

After upgrade one instance directly ran into https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-20770 but this is ironed out with upcoming 8.13.7 and has nothing to do with the upgrade >itself<.
The upgrade, like I mentioned in the beginning, worked like a charm.

Regards,
Daniel

Rafal Sojka April 26, 2021

Thank you Daniel for your feedback, I am still preparing to the 1st upgrade but having such good feedback from two community leaders :) is really encouraging.

Once again, big thanks!
Rafal 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events