Jira Structure: cloning a folder automation within a structure

Sam September 26, 2022

I have a set of automation defined for a folder with a structure that I am satisfied with.  I want to clone the set of automations into a new folder within the same structure and tweaked the new automations a little bit.  Is there a way to do that?

1 answer

0 votes
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2022

Hello @Sam ,

David from ALM Works here.

It is possible to do by using the copy and paste options at the top of the structure, or by using the copy and past keyboard shortcuts.

If the generators used are similar, I would recommend looking into using a Group generator to accomplish your goal.  It is best to keep the number of generators that do the same, or similar things, low.  So if we can use one group generator rather than recreating several generators, that would be the ideal.

Please feel free to contact our support team directly if you would like to discuss if there may be an alternative means to your goal.  We will be happy to help via email support@almworks.com or customer portal support.almworks.com.

Best,
David

Sam September 28, 2022

It seems like I can only copy and paste one Automation step at a time from one folder to another.  If I have 4-5 steps in the Automation, is there a way to "mark" them all for copy and paste?  I don't see that in the documentation.

Suggest an answer