Jira Software will be deactivated - Unable to upgrade

Deepika March 11, 2024

Jira Software will be deactivated - Unable to upgrade it to view the JIRA stories and bugs. 

I need to get the JIRA stories or be able to activate the same project again. 

Please help. Its urgent. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hi @Deepika Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you Jira cloud site has been suspended, this is potentially something you can self-serve in order to resolve. Please refer to the answer on this post- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-re-subscribe-to-suspended-subscriptions/qaq-p/799563 
Hope this helps.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2024

Hi @Deepika thank you for sharing the screenshot.

In this instance, it will be necessary to contact the site administrator or the billing/technical contact for your cloud site in order to update payment details and ensure continuity of the subscription.

If you are a billing or technical contact on the account for that Cloud site, you can

1. Go to https://my.atlassian.com/
  2. locate the Cloud site in question listed there,
  3. and then you can update the payment details on that page for that site.

If you are NOT a billing/technical contact on the account, then visiting that URL won't show you the cloud site. You will likely want to reach out to your teammate that has this level access to work with them to resolve this. That user can also add you to the list of technical contacts if you wish on that page as well.

Deepika March 12, 2024

Got it. Thank you @Kishan Sharma 

Another question - The admin of the site has left the organization and I have no way to contact him.

Is it possible to make my user admin?

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2024

No problem @Deepika If the existing admin have left the best option here would be to raise a ticket with Atlassian Support: support.atlassian.com They will conduct specific checks on your instance, validate various aspects, and provide guidance on the next steps.

Deepika March 13, 2024

Thank you. Really appreciate your replies. @Kishan Sharma 

One more question : is it possible to export the stories from this JIRA instance till it is upgraded. This is to ensure we do not lose the progress in the meantime. 

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2024

Hi @Deepika that's a good idea. You should be able to export issues from your Jira cloud instance in a CSV format. Refer this link for detailed steps.

Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 1, 2024

Hi @Deepika Were you able to resolve this matter?

Deepika April 4, 2024

@Kishan Sharma Thank you for the help. Yes, I was able to resolve the issue. 

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
0 votes
Deepika March 11, 2024

Hi @Kishan Sharma 

Thank you for replying. 

This is what I am getting : 

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD