Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Software - set "List View" as default view for "Open issues"

In "Jira Software Project", the default layout for "Open issues" is "Detail View".  I'd like to set the default view to "List View".  The only way I see to get List View is to click on Advanced Search and then the view type icon appears.  I also don't see where you can edit the default lists in the "Issues and filters" screen, nor where to add custom filters to the "Issues and filters" screen.

The default view in "Service Desk" is List View -- I'd like "Software Project" to behave the same way.

3 answers

many have asked for "List View" to be the default, but as far as I can tell, this is not possible.  

The one help is you should be able to toggle the view from detail to list using a 't' keypress., so at least you do not need to mouse-click to toggle.  Unfortunately, this seems to be unreliable: it works after using mouse to do the first toggle, but not upon initially loading the list.  

@Andrew_Powell  As far as I know making changes to the default filters can be done using the GUI you would have to make such changes on the Jira server installation files.

I am with you on the list view I prefer the list view rather then default view for the software projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

2,786 views 7 24
Read article

Atlassian Community Events