Jira Software is licensed but not currently installed.

kumar_ankush_in_bosch_com January 31, 2021

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2021

This is what it says it is.  You have a Jira (core) install, which has licences for the two Jira applications (Software and Service Management), but you have not installed either of them into your Jira system.

You can do three things

• Install them, so you can use them, using the install links
  • Edit the licence keys, destroying them so that the warning no longer appears
  • Nothing.  It really is just a warning message telling you that you have licences for stuff you've removed, it's not changing any behaviours, and only admins see it.
kumar_ankush_in_bosch_com February 1, 2021

Hello Nic,

Thank you for you responce.

I am not able to see the "Boards" tab in jira and i have observed lot of Application components are disabled.

JIRA is not upgrading if i click on install button appears in Application.

I have seen lots of application components are disable. Can you please help me to enable that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2021

What does it do when you click the install button in Managa Applications?  It dies take a while (a few minutes) as the download is quite large.

Capture2.PNG

After upgrading UPM to the latest version, I getting this error today on jira startup page.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2021

Ok, that means it's taking too long to start the apps up.  Jira Software and Service Desk are quite heavy and the usual problem here is that they need more resources, or at least time to get things started.

If you click "learn more" you should land on a page all about resourcing and time to start up.

I have increased JVM memory and timing as mentioned in the documentation.

but still not working. I think these plugins got disabled in the Database.

Suggest an answer