Jira Software/Core 7.0.5 upgrade

Alfredo Negrete September 12, 2017

I have a message that my Jira Software 7.0.5 needs to be upgraded:  JIRA Software must be updated to version 7.0.11 to be compatible with the installed version of JIRA Core

Seems the latest version is 7.4.4 for Jira Software can I go directly to this release or do I have to upgrade to an earlier release before going to this one?

Also, the Jira Core indicates it's that the latest release is 7.5.0...again, can I go directly to this release?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2017

Both JIRA Software and Core are on 7.5.0 and you can upgrade directly to them. You might want to wait for a minor version like 7.5.1 or 7.5.2 before you do it though.

In short, go to the latest JIRA Software version you like using the rapid upgrade method and JIRA Core will be automatically upgraded.

Alfredo Negrete September 13, 2017

I was reading up on all the upgrades notes and for 7.1.x there was an issue with gadgets...was this fixed already where I don't have too worry moving to 7.5?
        -- Upgrading from a 7.0.x version - There is a known issue regarding gadgets, and there is a workaround described in the JIRA Core 7.1.x upgrade notes.

I've also noticed that the other versions indicated a performance issue, do I have worry about this in this release?  I don't see anything on the release notes:
        -- We’ve noticed that this version has performance issues and shows errors while opening pages or finishing some actions. This applies only if you’re using postgreSQL and have more than 500k users. To work around it, increase the heap size by 1GB per million users. We’ll release a fix for this in the next bugfix release.

Suggest an answer