Jira Software Cloud - hide Jira time tracking fields from user groups

Cheryl Childs January 23, 2018

Hi

The question's been asked a few times, but I haven't found an answer that helps me yet. 

Our clients are loaded into Jira in 3 groups, and they're able to view their projects, create tickets, comment, move the tickets through workflows, etc.

We are considering enabling Jira's built-in time tracking fields (Original Estimate and Time Spent) so that we can see them in the card view of the boards and in the edit and details screens of the tickets.

Is there a way that we can hide these fields from our client groups? Hide completely - as in, cannot see the fields at all even if internal staff have updated them.

Thanks!

Cheryl

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2018

If the clients can browse the issues of a project then they can view the time logging. Time logging cannot be uniquely treated. The only thing I can offer is to maintain separate projects, those that can be browsed by the clients and those that cannot. 

Cheryl Childs January 23, 2018

Hi Jack

Thanks for the info. I don't think that maintaining separate projects is going to work at the moment, but it's definitely something to consider in the future.

Cheers,
Cheryl

Suggest an answer