Jira Software 7.5 unable to install in CentOS 7

Hyd3k September 30, 2017

I am trying to install Jira Software 7.5 in CentOS 7, but I do not have GUI, when I  try to run it in console I get error about not launching GUI and suggest to use " -c " in order to run the installer in console mode. But After typing sudo ./myinstallerfile.bin -c I still getting the same error, Can you please help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2017

Did you try to install the 32-bit Jira installer version on the 64 bit Centos version?

If yes, try the 64-bit-installer.

Hyd3k October 1, 2017

It was x64.

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2017

OS is also 64-bit? Installer and OS should match.

32-bit OS: use 32-bit installer

64-bit OS: use 64-bit installer

But it seems other people had similar issues. If you can not resolve it, use the tar.gz build and do a manual installation.

Hyd3k October 1, 2017

Centos 7 x64, Jira linux installer x64.

I finally installed and completed installation, but now I got another issue, takes forever to log in users, any advice how to fix this?

AWS EC2, 2 cores, 4GB RAM, HDD 30GB.

Thomas Buchhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2017

Unfortunally not.

I suggest to close this ticket (mark as answered) and open a new one with your issue.

Are you using the JIRA Internal Directory or an external directory for user management?

These little details might be neccassary to determine whats causing your issue.

Maybe check your atlassian-jira.log file for errors or warnings messages.

Hyd3k October 3, 2017

Local Directory. Issues was ip resolution caused by AWS, I tried with another service provider (OpenVZ) works  as expected.

Suggest an answer