Jira Slack permissions update times out

Greg Roche February 10, 2021

I got a reminder today from the Jira Cloud Slack bot saying:

:warning: ACTION REQUIRED - Update app for [my_slack_org]:warning:
Jira Cloud for Slack needs to be updated now with more specific permissions. Until you update, new users will not be able to log into the app, and the old version of the app will stop working on February 19, 2021.
It will only take 1 minute to accept new permissions and then you can enjoy :pizza: :icecream: :sleeping:

When I click on the link to update the permissions, the link either times out with 

504 Gateway Time-out

or gives this error:

upstream connect error or disconnect/reset before headers. reset reason: overflow

Seems like something's broken on Atlassian's end, considering the number of other issues created very recently mentioning Slack functionality being broken. 

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Greg Roche February 10, 2021

The link loaded for me after a few hours now that the Slack issue has been mitigated.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

might be associated with this known issue -  https://jira-software.status.atlassian.com/incidents/2m1sgrmy0mz1 

0 votes
Guy Mellott February 23, 2021

I'm getting the same error when clicking the "update now' in slackimage.pngimage (1).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events