Jira Slack Integration - Stop showing changes I make

Chris Finck January 29, 2021

I use slack instead of email as my source to obtain information on changes in my projects from others. The issue is that although I have setup custom JQL to send any changes when I am the reporter or watcher, it is now notifying me of when I myself make changes. I have tried adding commentedby != cfinck, etc to mitigate but that would not stop all of the cases (status updates, moving priority, etc) that I make.

Now you are probably wondering why I do not use the personal notifications feature. The issue is that it only notifies me of times you are mentioned or tagged so I am unable to see if one of my teammates moves a task to a different status that I need to then act on. 

Curious to see everyones thoughts here. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 6.20.28 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2021

Hi @Chris Finck !

The personal notifications feature ( /jira notify in Slack) should be able to notify you for the events you mentioned: 

image.png 

These criteria also match the JQL filter shown in your screenshot (minus the extra status filters - any status change would trigger a personal notification, regardless of the target status).

Have you been able to give the personal notifications a try recently? Let me know if something's amiss! It does look like they might fit your needs.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Chris Finck February 1, 2021

I do not use it because there are certain projects that I do want to see status changes and others that I do not. So I need to customize each project via JQL. If only personal notifications could do that per project

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events