Jira/Slack Integration Error (Existing users prompted to sign up for Atlassian)

jaimev September 24, 2020

I've been seeing and hearing from other colleagues about message appearing in an individual's Slack view from Jira Cloud app.  For example...

• User A and User B both have access to our company's instance of Slack and Jira (all the same projects)
  • User A posts a link in a common, unlocked (not private) Slack channel, of which User B is a member
  • User B sees an alert message (which is only visible to User B) from Jira Cloud App which appears below the Jira link that User B posted.  The alert says: "[@User B], sign up for an Atlasssian account to view this link and join [UserA]"

• There is an option to Sign Up or a single select button defaulted to the Dismiss option. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 3.26.03 PM.png

But again, User B already has access to Jira and the related project for the linked issue.  

Does anyone know why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2020

Hi @jaimev ,

My suspicion is that User B isn't logged in to Jira through the Jira Cloud slack app. You could confirm this by having User B run /jira connect in Slack. If they're logged in, they should make sure they see the right email address for themselves in the response. But I'm guessing they're not logged in, which will instead give them this message:

image.pngThey can click that green Log In button to connect their Atlassian account with Slack, which should clear up the message they're seeing.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events