Jira Servicedesk - Jira Software Create issue problem

Ali Aydın January 28, 2021

Hello there,

I want to assign tickets to the developers and system team via Servicedesk (Jira software). But I could not find a space to create an issue through Jira software. Is there a solution to this problem?
I am thinking of moving the entire building from Zendesk to Jira Servicedesk. I started thinking about whether this is the right decision.
I thought it would be easy on Atlassian :(
Respects

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 28, 2021

Hi @Ali Aydın ,

Some of our customers use our Marketplace app Deep Clone for Jira to escalate tickets from JSM to JSW projects.

This article about their use case might be interesting for you.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management-articles/Escalate-tickets-in-Jira-Service-Desk-with-Deep-Clone-for-Jira/ba-p/1244255

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

Generally what is done is that when an issue in JSM requires development’s attention then an issue is created in the appropriate JSW project and linked to the JSM issue. To be able to create an issue in the JSW project you must have create issue permissions. You would also want browse permissions as well. Finally you might consider using Automation to update the JSM issue when the linked JSW issue is updated.

a couple of articles of interest:

collaborate-with-other-jira-teams-on-jira-service-management-issues 

escalate-jira-service-management-issues-to-other-jira-teams 

What surprised me was that this process was done over Zendesk and not done over Jira Servicedesk. Why should the support engineer use both systems at the same time? Are there any plugins to fix this?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

I don’t understand what you mean. However I have never used Zendesk so that might explain my lack of understanding. Simply put Jira Software and JSM are separate products so if an agent in JSM wants to create an issue in a project in JSW they need access. Now you could handle this differently and notify someone in the JSW project to create the issue and report back without any linking between the two issues.

Suggest an answer