Jira Service Management free

Іван Андрєєв June 6, 2022

We have a Jira Service Management product, we don't really need it to use. If I set the tariff plan to "Free", will the restriction on adding users work? Or is it easier to remove this product altogether?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

You should be able to set it to Free. Are you concerned that other Admins will add users to the product?

@John Funk  Yes, because sometimes our actions are not coordinated and there may be a purely mechanical error. Will the atlasian administration automatically change the tariff plan if there are more than 3 people there?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2022

No, I believe it will just not let you add more users - including regular Jira users, if there are already 3 JSM users.

Like Іван Андрєєв likes this

Are you sure on 100 %?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2022

I am 100% sure it will not automatically put you in a paid JSM product, yes. You have to make that manual change just like you have to make a manual change to move it to Free. Moving out all of the users to less than 3 doesn't do that either. 

Like # people like this
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2022

Hi, @John Funk thanks for chiming in :-) !

You are right, I just did the test adding users to a free plan and the site started a trial period of 14 days.

JSM trial started.jpg

And to return it back to a free plan, I needed to remove the 4th user and change it manually.

Cheers,

Alex

Like # people like this
Іван Андрєєв June 7, 2022

@Alex @John Funk 

I am very grateful to both of you. Thanks!!!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2022

You are very welcome. 

Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

You got it @Іван Андрєєв !

:-) 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2022

@Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

You can navigate to Administration-> Subscription and request to remove JSM. It’s free for up to 3 agents, after that Atlassian will upgrade to standard and charge. 

cheers,

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events