Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Jira Service Management free

We have a Jira Service Management product, we don't really need it to use. If I set the tariff plan to "Free", will the restriction on adding users work? Or is it easier to remove this product altogether?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 06, 2022

Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

You should be able to set it to Free. Are you concerned that other Admins will add users to the product?

@John M Funk  Yes, because sometimes our actions are not coordinated and there may be a purely mechanical error. Will the atlasian administration automatically change the tariff plan if there are more than 3 people there?

No, I believe it will just not let you add more users - including regular Jira users, if there are already 3 JSM users.

Like Іван Андрєєв likes this

Are you sure on 100 %?

I am 100% sure it will not automatically put you in a paid JSM product, yes. You have to make that manual change just like you have to make a manual change to move it to Free. Moving out all of the users to less than 3 doesn't do that either. 

Like Іван Андрєєв likes this
Alex Community Leader Jun 06, 2022

Hi, @John M Funk thanks for chiming in :-) !

You are right, I just did the test adding users to a free plan and the site started a trial period of 14 days.

JSM trial started.jpg

And to return it back to a free plan, I needed to remove the 4th user and change it manually.

Cheers,

Alex

Like # people like this

@Alex @John M Funk 

I am very grateful to both of you. Thanks!!!

Like # people like this
John M Funk Community Leader Jun 07, 2022

You are very welcome. 

Alex Community Leader Jun 08, 2022

You got it @Іван Андрєєв !

:-) 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Community Leader Jun 06, 2022

@Hi @Іван Андрєєв 

You can navigate to Administration-> Subscription and request to remove JSM. It’s free for up to 3 agents, after that Atlassian will upgrade to standard and charge. 

cheers,

Alex

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,877 views 37 49
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you