Jira , Service Desk is not accessible

Hamid Mashhadi July 18, 2019

Hi,

We have installed and used it for awhile but for a few reasons our users did not used it for a long time. When I come to upgrade it I could not access it via a browser.

I have no idea what to do to access the servcie.

1 answer

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2019

@Hamid Mashhadi Check where the JIRA application is being hosted and on that host server , try to restart the JIRA application , if it is not running.

It may also be possible, that you are using a Reverse Proxy in front of JIRA application and that Proxy Server may be down. So, you may try restarting it as well.

Can you provide more details on the UI error you are getting on accessing your JIRA instance?

Hamid Mashhadi July 22, 2019

Hi ,

We managed to run the Jira and now we can access to this service

Our current Jira version is :

JIRA Service Desk 3.2.7

JIRA Software 7.2.6

Is there any higher version for above items that need to be updated / upgraded ?

Kind regard

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2019

@Hamid Mashhadi If you are looking to upgrade JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk, the latest versions of these apps are much higher than the versions what you are running. 

These versions have already reached end of life, so I would recommend to upgrade them to recent Enterprise Versions, which for JIRA Software is 7.13.x and for JIRA Service Desk is 3.16.x

Suggest an answer