Jira Service Desk -- Knowledge Base link not working

Iliya March 7, 2018

When viewing a ticket, the KB link on the left side of the Jira Service Desk screen does not work.  

- When clicked it does not do anything.  

- The URL of the link appears to be the URL of the ticket being viewed

- The link stoped working when Jira interface updated to the new interface version

- Only 1 project appears to be impacted (this happens to be the only project which utilizes Confluence )

- Link is working well and KB popup appears on the main project page but not working when viewing individual ticket

thank you

Jira.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Hey Iliya, 

Is the expected behavior that linked KB articles will appear in this section? As far as I am aware, this KB link on the left bar is only for searching and linking to confluence, not issue-specific. 

If you scroll down in the ticket to the linked issues section, that is where you will find the related KBs to the issue. 

Iliya March 7, 2018

Hello Meg,

The expected behavior is for a popup to appear with Confluence search field (Please see the included picture) 

Instead, nothing happens when the link is clicked

thank you

Jira 2.jpg

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Do you have a popup blocker installed? Sometimes Chrome and other browsers natively block popups as a setting. 

Iliya March 7, 2018

I do not.  I have tried with Chrome and Safari with the same results

Also keep in mind, this happens only on 1 project and only when viewing a case.  

Lisa Ice August 1, 2019

We have the same issue.

Suggest an answer