Jira Server Exporting the History Log for Issues

Have a customer that is not a fan of the Time in Status plugin. Is there a way that the history logs for tickets can be exported into a file that can be manipulated? Wants to report the time in status by issue types.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes

Hello, 

You can export changegroup and changeitem tables in the Jira database and manipulate with this information. These are tables where the history is stored. 

Thanks Alexey! I thought that might be the case. 

I have also added a vote to this wonderfully old request - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-38896

Hello @Darla Sheehan with Exporter (App for Jira Server) you can export an Excel file that you can manipulate and also adding the Transition Log that among other information includes the time in every Status.

Cheers,

David

Thanks David! That also looks like a good option if they are not confident going the DB route.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Mar 28, 2018 in Jira Software

Can a company’s culture make or break agile adoption?

Can a new-to-agile team survive and thrive in a non-agile culture? If so, what advice would you give to those trying to be agile in a non-agile culture? What's the key(s) to success? Share your thoug...

17,662 views 18 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you