Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Roadmap "Licensing Violation" Edited

MarkPayne I'm New Here Jun 21, 2021

Hi, We are corporate  users and I am getting a license violation banner when I attempt to open a project Roadmap.  "Please start a Jira Software Premium evaluation to use our Advanced Roadmaps feature." We have this feature and it works for everyone else in the firm.  This occurs across all my projects at random.  Some days I can access the Roadmap and others I cannot.  Is there someone I can reach out to to investigate this issue?

Mark

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Mark and welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your experience and the issues you're running into with your usage of roadmaps. From what you're explaining it sounds like there is confusion around Basic Roadmaps and Advanced Roadmap. Advanced Roadmaps are only available within Jira Software Premium tiers while Basic Roadmaps are available in Standard tiers. Further information on this can be found at Two roadmapping solutions to help you stay on target to achieve your goals.

Additionally, there are differences between project types and their available roadmaps. This means that Team-Managed projects will only have Basic Roadmaps and Company-Managed will require Advanced Roadmaps (Premium Only). This might be the cause of the "random" occurrence you're seeing between teams/projects. More on this can be found at What are team-managed and company-managed projects 

To start using Advanced Roadmaps you'll need to work with your team to upgrade from a Standard plan to a Premium plan.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

⏰ Day in the life of a Jira Admin!

Hello Community! We thoroughly enjoyed this just-for-fun conversation in the Jira Admin Group about what it's like to be a Jira Admin. For #JiraJuly, our talented designers created these graphics t...

940 views 2 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you