Jira Rest Api Oauth

tue2code December 2, 2019

I tried to follow this OAuth tutorial to authenticate my .Net core application to use JIRA rest API. I am unable to get the request token. Below are my code snippet. I used Oauth.DotNetCore package and Restsharp to send the post method of the request token but receive 500 response from the server. Not sure how to go from here. Please help. I have attached the screenshot of the snippet of my code and server response.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.38.44 am.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.32.44 am.png

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hello @tue2code ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I may not be the best person to answer this question, however, please notice that you are following the documentation for Jira Server while it is my understanding that you are using Jira Cloud instead.

The documentation for Jira Cloud is the below one  (and it is slightly different than the one for JIRA Server):

Can you kindly review above pages (and code samples) and let us know if you still have issues?

You may also want to review the below links since they contain more details and some code samples (not in .Net unfortunately):

Finally, for the future, please notice that this might not be the best place to get help on development  related questions. In case further help will be needed on this topic, you might want to ask the developers community instead, or open a ticket in the developers service desk:

Tue Truong December 5, 2019

Hi Dario, 

Thank you for the reply. I have manged to solve the problem. Turns out the Oauth version is 1.0 instead of 1.0a. 

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hi @tue2code ,

Thanks for letting us know. 

Would you mind either adding your solution to a new answer and accept it, or accept this answer, so that the thread will be marked as solved?

Have a nice weekend!

Dario

Suggest an answer