Jira Reporting

Pratima Sharma June 1, 2022

Hi Everyone, 

We use Reports to check team work so that collectively some decisions can be made.

When a team member reached out to me and asked that he wants to see his work, I felt it's not bad after all if an individual wants to keep a check on his/her work.

I am trying to create a Jira Report for an individual if they want to check what all stories they worked on in the past few Sprints.

Please share knowledge if you have already worked on something like this.

5 answers

1 vote
Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2022

Hi Pratima and welcome to the Community!

I think you have to create first a filter with a JQL like this: 

assignee = currentUser()

so you can filter for all the issues where the user is the assignee. 

Than you can use the various gadgets to display different data, for example "activity stream" or "assigned to me", but I suggest you to try them all more or less.

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alberto

Pratima Sharma June 1, 2022

Thanks Alberto!

I will try it

0 votes
Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Pratima Sharma 

you could use our analytics app Exply to compare all kinds of measures and much more. The clue - you can build your own reports/dashboards for projects, teams, etc., and use every custom field that is available in your instance.

Feel free to contact us about anything :) 

sincerely, Fabian from Exply

exply-hero-image-2.jpg

0 votes
Emre Toptancı _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 2, 2022

Hello @Pratima Sharma

Presuming that an issue is assigned to a user when that user is working on that issue, any user can utilize a JQL query like this one to see the issues that were assigned to him/her in the last X days.

assignee was currentUser() and created > -30d

This will show the issues that were created in the last 30 days and were assigned to the current user.

The same can be done for Sprints and a specific user name:

assignee was john.doe and Sprint in ("Sprint 1", "Sprint 2")

Since the Sprint field also keeps the values of older sprints, this query will also give you correct results if an issue has moved between sprints in the past.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 1, 2022

Hi, @Pratima Sharma 

As an alternative to solve your issue, I suggest using the Rucirring Checklists and Report add-on, developed by my team. 

It allows transforming repetitive tasks into structured to-do lists. And you, as a manager. can control team performance by one-page report

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
June 1, 2022

Hi @Pratima Sharma 

Welcome to the community !!

If you are fine with a mktplace app, to get this data, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree, Links Tree, Time in Status & Worklogs

The app provides the following features.

Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features. Export to csv format is also available. You can filter based on worklogs time period as well. The timesheet screen allows the logged in user to view/enter time spent for multiple days.

Worklogs Report.pngTimesheets Report.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events