Jira Project Management

Kristy Tupper February 3, 2023

Hi, everyone.

I'm looking for anyone who's a Jira project management power user to help me figure out some things on the PM side. I'm looking at more of a traditional PM model with RAID logs and status reports.

Help?

Thanks!!

Kristy

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

Hi @Kristy Tupper welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You could create a RAID company-managed project in Jira Work Management with the following issue types:

• Risk
  • Assumption
  • Issue
  • Dependency

Create a custom field for Impact and use the system field Priority

The system field Assignee is the Owner.

Then use the List View to track your log.

Wow! Thank you. Let me figure out what all that means. ;)

Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2023

Let me know if you need help, you can reach me at najm.polaris@gmail.com. I can help you set it up.

Like Kristy Tupper likes this

Does anyone have any general suggestions on traditional project management in Jira? Status reporting? We also use Confluence but I'd like a way to auto generate something (similar to ServiceNow if you've ever used their ITBM tool).

SashaKaya August 15, 2023

I've got some experience with Jira project management in a traditional setup. RAID logs and status reports are right up that alley. Custom fields can help with RAID, milestones, and such. Filters come in handy for those status reports. Feel free to explore plugins too. However, I think whiteboard task management is a bit easier to manage. I hope that helps!

Najm Polaris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2023

@Kristy Tupper , 

you may check this out as it is similar to what Dave suggested. [Link]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events