Jira Project Kanban Board Pulling in Support Desk Tickets

JD Lobue March 18, 2019

We have a project that is pulling in service desk tickets based on when a custom field is selected. The issue we want to address is that the view issue right panel screen's comments section is sending out external comments, and we want to make it so that we can either have the internal / external options in the right panel view issue pane, or we want to lock down or remove the ability to leave comments for those issue types coming from the service desk. Has anyone done this before, and if so, is what I'm asking for possible using a Jira Project with Service Desk tickets being viewable on the projects kanban board. From what I can tell, the Service Desk does not have a Kanban board option.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hello JD,

I hope you are having a nice day.

I understood that you would like to configure a Kanban Board to display your Service Desk tickets, is that correct?

In fact, you can perform the steps below to attach a Kanban board to a Service Desk project:

- Click on the search button at the left panel > Advanced search for issues

- Configure a filter that will return the issues from the Service Desk project

- Navigate to any Software project and click on + create a board 

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 12.17.57.png

- Select Kanban Board > Board from an existing Saved Filter

- Select your profile or a software project to host the board

The issues of the SD project will be displayed on the board, although it will not be allocated on it.

That been said, I must confess that I didn't get the reason why you need this functionality, mainly because I can not see in my mind what is the right panel screen's comments section you mentioned.

If you think this is relevant to let us know what you are trying to do, please provide us some screenshots of your current view and let us know exactly what you are expecting to see.

Let us know if this information helps!

Suggest an answer